Who are we looking for?
We seek active, motivated artist workshop teachers in the US (other countries are welcome to submit) that are interested in joining the Golden Artist Educators Program and becoming affiliated GOLDEN-trained independent workshop teachers.
- We seek artists with thriving workshop businesses (teaching 12-20 per year average).
- We are interested in teachers who use acrylic, with experience teaching traditional methods, mixed media applications and water-media applications.
- We want teachers with an active web presence and good promotional skills, as well as associations with local or regional art organizations and art supply retailers.
- We love teachers who desire to learn new methods and techniques and have a great curiosity about how to use products.
- Experience with Watercolor and Oil paints in addition to Acrylics is a plus.
What can you expect?
- You will create approximately 30 new and unique finished sample boards. These are for instruction and many are perfect for teaching new techniques to your students.
- You will explore new and innovative ways to teach color mixing. You will increase your knowledge/repertoire of acrylic products and the uses for these products. You will also explore the new QoR Watercolor and QoR Grounds, including ways to incorporate them with acrylic.
- As you gain an in-depth understanding of Acrylic Gels and Grounds, you also learn new techniques you can offer to your students in traditional and contemporary styles.
- You will learn cutting-edge mixed media techniques using the latest products, such as Digital Grounds and OPEN Acrylics.
- You will become the expert for your students on all things acrylic. For your own painting, you will be able to get all your acrylic questions answered.
- Our goal is to give you tools to increase your workshop offerings and more, assisting you with teaching a wider range of subjects and increasing your student population.
The cost for the training and certification is $500 USD.
- 5 hotel nights: arrival on Sunday, departure on Saturday morning.
- All meals taken with the group.
- Four days of training, including all materials.
- One free day in the middle of the week to visit area museums and other sources of inspiration. On the free day, breakfast is covered as well as dinner, if with the group.
Upon completion of the training, you will have:
- A presence on the GOLDEN Web site, with links to your Web site.
- A GOLDEN Artist Educators Program logo, which indicates certification and can be used on your personal Web site and marketing materials.
- A start-up kit containing an extensive range of product, valued at approximately $2,500 USD.
- For each workshop you teach, you accrue points that you redeem for GOLDEN products to keep you supplied in your teaching endeavors.
See what our current Artist Educators are doing now! http://www.goldenpaints.com/all_event
Applications will only be accepted electronically.
Apply here: http://goldenpaints.slideroom.com
If you have questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use "US GAEP September 2019," in your subject line.
The deadline for applications is May 1st, 2019.
Applicants notified by July 1st, 2019.